- Health Performance Accelerator Webinar Series: Achieving Health Equity for Disadvantaged PopulationsSeptember 1, 2020September 1, 2020 2 to 2:30 EDT- Across the nation, an unprecedented focus is being placed on achieving the goal of health equity. This goal requires acquiring, aggregating, and analyzing data on social determinants of health to help identify and address the root causes of health disparities. During this webinar, experts from HMA and HealthEC will provide a roadmap for how states, health plans, and providers can leverage data to support the design, development, and implementation of successful health equity initiatives.
- August 6, 2020 1 to 2 p.m. EDT- The COVID-19 pandemic shed a spotlight on funding pressures on providers and systems that rely largely on fee-for-service payment. This, along with additional stressors brought on by the pandemic, has led many health systems and providers to consider revenue diversification and service expansion strategies. During this webinar, HMA Medicare Advantage experts will address the strategic option of using Medicare Advantage as a strategy to better manage care of patients and provide a steady stream of predictable revenues.
- July 29, 2020July 29, 2020 1 to 1:30 pm EDT- In this webinar, HMA primary care experts will discuss current payment flexibilities that allow physician practices to maintain revenues while operating in a virtual environment. Given the likelihood that many patients will continue to receive care virtually even after the pandemic, HMA experts will explore mechanisms for alternative payment models that support virtual care and allow for efficient use of the care team. Speakers will also share necessary considerations for documentation to assure data capture and appropriate billing.
- Nursing Home Revenue Diversification and Care Options Series: Understanding the Impact of Nursing Home Compare Five-Star Quality RatingsJuly 24, 2020July 24, 2020 Noon to 1 pm EST- Even before COVID-19, nursing homes struggled with staffing shortages, inadequate reimbursement rates, and declining occupancy rates. The pandemic has amplified these challenges, forcing nursing homes to consider options for diversifying revenues and broadening services for both residents and individuals who qualify for institutional status but reside in the community. During this webinar (the second in a series), HMA quality experts will provide an overview of the Nursing Home Compare Five-Star Quality Rating System and its impact on nursing homes.
- July 22, 2020July 22, 2020 1 to 2 p.m EST- Before reopening for in-person visits, primary care practices must address a wide variety of safety considerations, including infection control protocols; modifications to offices, waiting areas, and exam rooms; staffing and workflow issues; and other strategies that minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for both patients and staff. During this 30-minute webinar, HMA primary care experts will discuss best practices for successfully reopening primary care practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Nursing Home Revenue Diversification and Care Options Series: Exploring Medicare Advantage as an Alternative Revenue Source for Post Acute Providers WebinarJuly 17, 2020July 17, 2020 Noon to 1 p.m EST- Even before COVID-19, post-acute providers such as nursing homes struggled with inadequate reimbursement rates and declining occupancy rates. This along with additional stressors brought on by the pandemic has led many nursing homes to consider revenue diversification and service expansion strategies. During this webinar (the first in a series), HMA Medicare Advantage and long-term care experts will address two such options for nursing homes: Medicare Advantage Institutional Special Needs Plans (I-SNP) and Institutional-Equivalent Special Needs Plans (IE-SNP).