- Health Performance Accelerator Webinar Series: Strategies to Integrate Health and Human Services SystemsSeptember 22, 2020September 22, 2020 2 to 2:30 EDT- State and local governments face a common set of challenges to implementing well-coordinated, fully-integrated health and human services (HHS) programs. From multiple information systems that cannot exchange data to overlapping funding streams and workflows, fragmented and siloed HHS systems create inefficiencies which jeopardize the health and wellbeing of the populations which they seek to serve. During this webinar, experts from HMA and HealthEC will share recommendations that states and localities can adopt to achieve greater coordination of HHS programs.
- September 18, 2020 1 to 2 p.m. EDT- As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to sweep across the country and new “hotspots” emerge daily, multiple research labs are working at an extraordinary pace to develop a viable vaccine. However, prior to the release of a vaccine, or more likely multiple vaccines, the public health and health care delivery systems must be ready. We need protocols for vaccine storage and handling for different vaccine types, as well as measured plans for rapid and efficient vaccine distribution and administration. Myriad factors must be considered to ensure safe and effective transport, storage, management, distribution, and tracking of millions of vaccine doses. Many states, cities, counties, and local communities are struggling to keep up with current public health needs, including contact tracing, preparation for a seasonal flu campaign and ensuring that school-aged children do not fall behind on important immunizations. In this webinar, HMA experts will present practical guidelines and tools to help public health professionals, health plans, community organizations, and others plan for effectively distributing and managing COVID-19 vaccine(s) in their jurisdictions. Presenters will touch on issues ranging from physical infrastructure needs for vaccine storage and distribution to meeting tracking requirements, and the importance of using an equity lens across all aspects of vaccine campaign planning.
- September 17, 2020September 17, 2020 2 to 2:30 pm EDT- With access to billions of dollars in federal funding aimed at battling the opioid epidemic, state and local governments are working with health plans and providers to build the most efficient and effective programs to help individuals struggling with opioid use disorder (OUD). During this webinar, experts from HMA and HealthEC will touch on best practices for the design, implementation, and evaluation of OUD prevention and treatment programs that help maximize the return on investment on OUD program funds.
- Health Performance Accelerator Webinar Series: Maximizing the “Value” of Value-Based Payment ArrangementsSeptember 15, 2020September 15, 2020, 2 to 2:30 p.m. EDT- Provider-based organizations – particularly groups of providers such as accountable care organizations (ACOs), independent practice associations (IPAs), and clinically integrated networks – are in a unique position to create value for patients. Moreover, payers are increasingly being called upon to enter into value-based payment arrangements with providers. During this webinar, experts from HMA and HealthEC will discuss ways in which providers can maximize the “value” of their value-based payment arrangements through careful contract design, robust performance measurement systems, and an orientation toward population health management.
- Health Performance Accelerator Webinar Series: How Health Plans Can Meet Competing Performance Demands of StakeholdersSeptember 10, 2020September 10, 2020 2 to 2:30 EDT- Health plans face complex and competing demands from a wide variety of stakeholders for measurable improvements in performance. That’s especially challenging for small and mid-sized health plans that don’t have the resources of larger entities. During this webinar, experts from HMA and HealthEC will outline ways in which health plans can use data and robust analysis to prioritize performance management efforts, improve key business functions, and meet the varied needs of state and federal regulatory agencies, enrollees, providers, advocacy groups, and other constituencies.
- Health Performance Accelerator Webinar Series: How States Are Rethinking Medicaid Managed Care Performance ManagementSeptember 8, 2020September 8, 2020 2 to 2:30 EDT- State Medicaid agencies (SMAs) are actively exploring improved approaches to managing the performance of Medicaid managed care organizations (MCOs) and accountable care organizations (ACOs), emphasizing tailored quality measures, new incentive models, more effective use of information technology, and revised contract requirements. During this webinar, experts from HMA and HealthEC will outline potential improvements to MCO/ACO performance management and showcase ways in which information technology can be deployed to enable these improvements.